Emergency Dental Services
For dental emergencies, call our emergency dentists at Children’s Dental Care as soon as possible. If our office is closed and you can’t get in contact with our pediatric dentists, go to the nearest emergency room. The sooner you act, the better the outcome!
Our pediatric dentists at Children’s Dental Care are able to work quickly to save your child’s tooth and offer a range of emergency dental services like emergency tooth extraction and chipped tooth repair. For emergency dental care, call any of our offices in Canton, Dearborn, and Livonia.
Schedule an emergency appointment for the following:
- Knocked-out tooth
- Fractured tooth
- Dental abscess
- Lost dental filling
- Lost dental crown
- Persistent toothache
- Bitten lip or tongue
What to do for Knocked-Out Tooth
- Pick up tooth by the crown, not the root.
- Gently rinse dirt and debris from tooth.
- Place tooth back in socket if possible to keep moist. If not possible, submerge tooth in milk until you receive urgent dental care. A dried out tooth is prone to breaking.
- Schedule emergency dental appointment with dentist. If not possible, go to nearest emergency room.
What to do for Fractured Tooth
- Save all pieces of broken tooth.
- Rinse mouth with warm water.
- Apply cold compress to reduce pain and swelling.
- Schedule emergency appointment with dentist. If not possible, go to nearest emergency room.
Teeth can be damaged or knocked out when a person sustains oral injury, often from a fall or playing contact sports. However, quick thinking can make the difference between saving and losing a tooth.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
The best way to keep your child’s teeth healthy is through prevention. Make sure you schedule dental checkups for your child every six months so our dentists can catch small issues before they grow into larger oral health problems. If your child plays a contact sport like football or hockey, make sure that they always wear a mouth guard to protect their smile.
The best way to keep your child’s teeth healthy is through prevention!